Skip to main content

SO WHY?

Please watch the video before reading the post :)
So why?
Why is it that if we could we would change what we have rather than wanting a mermaid tail or teleportation?
Why do we change our views when we are older?
What changes that?
SOCIAL MEDIA.. When you become older you are more aware of the world and are exposed to ads magazines, television, and billboards.
The average person is exposed to 5,000 ads per day!
Ads telling us we need to look and feel a certain way.
Being Exposed to the constant media model and being pressured to have to look a certain way to fit in is hard to deal with in society today! agreed?
SO WHO DETERMINES IF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL?
There is one simple answer.... YOU.  You decide what you think of yourself and how you feel about yourself. So I know it's not easy and some days are hard, we all have those days. But I challenge you to step away from seeing those ads everyday.. and telling yourself you look amazing!
Becoming confident about what you look like and who you are starts with YOU.
YOU DONT have to be 5 foot 7 and weigh 100 pounds to be beautiful. HECK if we all looked like that the world would be boring. So I CHALLENGE YOU TO DO THESE FEW SIMPLE THINGS.
1. Know that you are unique and different, you can't change your genes.. so embrace them.
2. Shift your focus- instead of worrying about how you look, focus on the person you are becoming on the inside.
3. RECITE these few statements to yourself while looking in the mirror right at yourself.
  • I AM BEAUTIFUL
  • I AM CONFIDENT
  • I LOOK AMAZING
  • I LOVE WHO I AM
  • I LOVE THAT I AM DIFFERENT
(even write these on your mirror if you want or a quote that makes you feel confident and happy about yourself)
4. Realize that being confident and loving yourself will bring the most happiness and you will be more successful in life.
5. DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF to others, you are different for a reason embrace it and love it.

 EVERYONE STRUGGLES.. but rather than focusing on our flaws lets focus on our amazing qualities. WHEN YOU LOVE YOURSELF OTHERS LOVE YOU!


let's be comfortable in our own skin again..

If I could change one thing about me I would have a transferable heart so that all of you can feel the love I have for you.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL DON'T EVER FORGET THAT.

xoxo
Emma

Comments

  1. That video was very inspiring and so are your thoughts Emma! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hey you. You are pretty dang amazing.

Hey all you out there who feel worthless, unsuccessful, ugly, and used. Guess what? WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK. YOU need to understand that YOU are beautiful, worthy, successful, and important. Whether you feel like you are in the darkest time of your life or you are on cloud nine there is one thing that always stands... and that is YOU are ONE OF A KIND. Yep. You, the person reading this blog that some 20 year old wanna be the next Ella fitzgerald  is writing (don't know her? look her up she's pretty snazzy with the tunes). You are worth so much, I know that people say that all the time. People can tell you "Oh hey you're pretty." or "You are so amazing." But does it really mean something to you unless you believe it yourself? no. it does not. because no matter what people tell you if you don't believe it yourself it won't effect you. And that goes for Good or bad. If someone says "you're ugly" but you believe you are the most beaut...

True Potential

Sometimes in life we get overwhelmed with the things we have to accomplish or the things placed on our shoulders. Sometimes we get consumed by these things that we lose sight of who we are and who we are trying to become and where we are trying to get to. We may think we aren't good enough for the position we hold or the title we have, but you are bigger than you think. Your life has meaning and you are doing what you are doing because someone knows you are good at it. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I believe that we have a Heavenly father and a Savior Jesus Christ who are always there for us and know our true potential. Potential thats a powerful word, what does it mean? H aving or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future or latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness. Do you believe you have a potential? I do. I know everyone has the chance to become ...

Find Yourself

There are many times when we can let one thing consume us and take up our time as well as distract us from what is important. Like technology, video games, hobbies, etc. Have you ever thought about how the way you view and talk about yourself effects you in this same way? You can get distracted on your cell phone and miss out on some of the best moments in life, right? You're scrolling through Instagram, Facebook, and looking at snap chat all while your professor is teaching you in the class you payed $$ for, or while your children are trying to show you something cool they made at school instead of looking you say "hold on just a minute." These aren't moments that should be told to hold on for just a minute, while we are consuming ourselves in other peoples lives in the media. Take time to step back. How does this tie into self concept? Well, when you are constantly talking negatively about yourself it rubs off on the people around you, they see that you don't tr...