Sometimes
in life we get overwhelmed with the things we have to accomplish or the things
placed on our shoulders. Sometimes we get consumed by these things that we lose
sight of who we are and who we are trying to become and where we are trying to
get to. We may think we aren't good enough for the position we hold or the
title we have, but you are bigger than you think. Your life has meaning and you
are doing what you are doing because someone knows you are good at it. I am a
member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I believe that we
have a Heavenly father and a Savior Jesus Christ who are always there for us
and know our true potential. Potential thats a powerful word, what does it mean? Having or showing the capacity to become or develop into
something in the future or latent qualities or abilities that may be
developed and lead to future success or usefulness. Do you believe you have a
potential? I do. I know everyone has the chance to become a better version of themselves. Its when we desire to be something we can't achieve
that it gets tricky. Your potential is more than trying to look like a
photoshopped super model, because in reality they don't even look like the
magazines you see portray. It is a fake ideal one that can NOT be healthily physically
achieved because it is unrealistic. Everyone has the potential to
become a better them. You have the potential to become a better YOU not a
better someone else. Often times we get confused with this, each one of us have
different qualities that set us apart from other people and that is good, develop those qualities and make them stronger. There is nothing wrong with
noticing qualities in others and wanting to develop those qualities
in yourself, its when those qualities you desire are unachievable and
fake. You won't get anywhere in life trying to be someone else, believe me I know. So stop it. Instead of trying to be someone else, look at yourself and see what you can do to become the best version of yourself. I promise you the best version of yourself is NOT when you are trying to be someone else, or comparing yourself to others. In those moments you are waisting your time. Please don't waste your time trying to be someone your not. Life is to be enjoyed, how can it be enjoyed if you are constantly worried about what others think of you or if you are trying to be him or her. The only way you will truly develop your best self is by looking inside yourself and understanding who you are, and because you are you, you are amazing. Look inside yourself to see what you can improve on so that you are happy with yourself. When I looked inside myself I found that I have a quality of helping others and so I am doing all I can to magnify that quality, it is ok to say you are good at something and it is ok to work on things that you may not be as good at. Stay humble through this process of developing your true potential. Look at others with the knowledge that you are not like them and that is ok because no one is like you. Be YOURSELF in a world that is trying to make you someone else and this will be a great accomplishment. Find joy in the journey and always look at yourself with love and confidence. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. I attached a video that I love on this topic. YOU ARE AMAZING.
-Emma
Comments
Post a Comment