We know the models and billboards and magazines are photoshopped yet we still try to compare ourselves to an unrealistic fake figure. The problem with this is that it will never be achievable no matter how hard you try, because a realistic body can't accommodate to an unrealistic one. It's hard, I know. I've been there. Which is why I'm here to tell you that when you compare yourselves to others it deminishes your own self and how you feel.
Theodore Roosevelt said it perfectly, when we compare ourselves to others our joy is gone. So please I ask you to look at yourself in the mirror and say I am me, it's who I am. There is no one like me, I am not going to compare myself to others because I love me. And I AM AWESOME. I know it's not easy to change that self concept just like that , so here is something I want you to think about... Think of the happiest moment of your life, did you love yourself at that point? What changed? Did you start comparing yourself to others and the media? What can you cut out of your life so that you can come to love yourself more? I PROMISE YOU. When you love yourself, life is less stressful.. You don't care what other people think, and you start to notice all the things good in life that you may have been missing out on because you were to afraid to go to that friend hang out because "those pretty girls" we're gonna be there. YEAH NO YOU WENT THIS TIME AND YOU OWNED IT. Because you knew yourself worth and you knew you were just as important as everyone else in that room and had something to offer, maybe your smile made someone's day that day. You never know the impact you might have on others. When you love yourself completely and accept that you are who you are, you are able to love everything and everyone else adequately. The change in your life starts with you LOVING YOURSELF. And if you feel like you can't love yourself because no one loves you.. Well it's simple I do. I know how important you are and that you have a potential to give. Love yourself and others will love you.
Xoxo
Emma


Comments
Post a Comment